[sdiy] Trueno

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 15:02:28 CET 2017

Yep, not nice (>.<)  It looks like they didn't use any sort of
anti-aliasing filter before digitising the analogue output.  Any
half-decent VA synth would certainly do better than this.  The linear
decay envelope sounds a bit unusual too.

One of the Trueno reviews I read seemed to suggest that it "threw away
the best features of analogue and digital synths, and kept the worst
bits."  At least if they'd included an analogue output jack then you
could have avoided the poor quality audio digitisation.

-Richie,