[sdiy] Sine osc schematic

ezion ezion67 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:31:59 CET 2017

If you need cheap a look at a triangle (LFO) circuit might be a good idea.
When you diode clip the top of a triangle wave you get a sine approximation
that is often good enough for musical applications.

Also an option could be a "DAC" approach to generate a (quarter) sine using
4051 MUX and well chosen resistor values. The resulting sine can be very
clean.
The circuit is dirt cheap to build and offers easy frequency control using
a high frequent VCO and counters or just a single a micro controller for
multiple sine generators.
This makes it a good approach when you need a lot of sine waves :)

Cheers
Theo