[sdiy] Sine osc schematic

Jarno Verhoeven@ziggo.nl jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl
Wed Dec 6 12:20:02 CET 2017

The spec on the LTC6990 says 488Hz at lower end, I'd think you'd want it to go
down lower.
I'd be surprised if it is 1V/Oct, because that is a specific requirement, not
used in measurement equipment.

On whether or not it is easy to to make a sine VCO depends on your distortion
requirements, and whether you want it analogue or if digital is acceptable.

A Wien Bridge osc delivers a very low distortion sine with very little
components, but is is fixed, with some niftyness you can make this into a sine
which can be varied with a single pot, not a VCO.
Regular VCO's can be equipped with a sine output, but those aren't particularly
low distortion, and require quite a few parts.

Digital is maybe easier, a processor and a few DACs? I wouldn't know how though,
not much of a software guy myself.

Regards,

Jarno.