[sdiy] Juno-106 replacement filters

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Dec 1 21:12:36 CET 2017

Yes they’re expensive for what they are (a bit of PCB with a transistor pair and a couple of LM13700s on it, essentially) but unless someone else is willing to step up and actually do the work required to generate a competing clone, there’s not really any incentive for him to lower the price, is there?

The boards are sound, have been through many revisions, and do exactly the job required of them. That’s a pretty big hurdle for a newcomer to get over. Hence no competition.

To be fair to Jeroen (and to not be fair is never my intention) developing these boards to the level that he’s got them now must have taken a *lot* of time, and none of that time was paid, so it was a gamble he took against future sales.

Could it be done cheaper? Yes, absolutely. Am I going to do it? No way! Not enough time, too much else to do, etc etc. Ultimately, I’ll pay him the cost of a small amount of time rather than spend the large amount of time that would be required to do the job myself.

T.

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY