[sdiy] Dealing with velocity sensitivity / scaling on envelopes

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu Aug 31 21:10:22 CEST 2017

I don’t know, what does it do? I don’t have a piano at home any more.

I’m guessing the hammer hits the already vibrating string and you get some fairly random effect depending on whether the new hit reinforces or cancels the existing string vibration.

The trouble with using real-world instruments as a model is that a typical synth envelope generator can generate envelopes that you won’t see in the real world. We still need to be able to deal with those sensibly and logically.

Thanks,
Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY