[sdiy] IDC, Pin Headers, Ribbon Wire: Where to start?

Andre Majorel aym-htnys at teaser.fr
Wed Aug 23 11:48:45 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-22 19:08 +0200, Matthias Herrmann wrote:

> Why use IDC at all? I prefer micromatch headers. They have a
> small footprint and common flat-cables could be used.

IDC is not a connector format, it's a type of contact (insulation
displacement contact). Any connector that uses non-stripped
cable qualifies as IDC, I would think. That includes Micro-match
connectors.

The specific type of IDC connector used for power in euro-rack
synth modules is apparently called "IEC 60603-13", though I'm
more used to calling it "HE 10".

Good source if you ignore the few DIN 41612 which slipped in :

http://www.harting.com/fileadmin/harting/documents/lg/hartingusa/service/catalogdownload/devicecon/devicecon_gb_chapt_08_g.pdf