[sdiy] Round pin headers?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Mon Aug 21 23:52:03 CEST 2017

The worst option for breadboards is those square headers. Sure, people get them to work on breadboards, and many products use them, but they're the worst. Obviously, headers are designed to mate with matching sockets, not breadboards.

The round machined pins are better on breadboards, but not absolutely ideal. I think Phil is right about the area, although it does matter about the orientation (if the pin is larger in one dimension than another).

Brian