[sdiy] Round pin headers?

Phillip Harbison alvitar at xavax.com
Mon Aug 21 21:04:42 CEST 2017

Tim Ressel wrote:
> That looks promising! Thanks!

I've bought lots of these on eBay (not necessarily this seller) for
my IoT work (RPi, Arduino, etc.) and they work great if you mate
them with machined headers or sockets. If you plug them into sockets
expecting typical flat IC leads it will work once, but the socket
will no longer make a good connection to anything other than round
pins. I've also noticed these are not very tolerant of being bent
and straightened more than once. They're too brittle. With those
caveats in mind, they work great. I love machined headers/sockets!

--
Phil Harbison