[sdiy] Cancelling CV feedthrough in LM13700 filters

Harald sdiy at haraldswerk.de
Sun Aug 13 23:31:40 CEST 2017

Hallo Tom,

the thumping is not caused by the DC offset which you can trim out with
the mentioned trimmers. It is caused by the Iabc. The only solution here
is to lower the Iabc but this will go at the cost of SNR and distortion.

The trimmers themself should be used to trim out the DC offset because
it will shift the signal up or down and makes for unbalanced
amplification in the next stage. This can add a lot to unsymetrical
distortion when the amplitude reaches the limits on one rail site if
emphasis is set high.

Here are my filters with LM13700:

http://www.haraldswerk.de/NGF_E/NGF_E_24dB_LP_HP/NGF_E_24dB_LP_HP.html

http://www.haraldswerk.de/NGF_E/NGF_E_12dB_Multimode/NGF_E_12dB_Multimode_VCF.html