[sdiy] HP from LP ?

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 03:10:03 CEST 2017

Digital switches in ladder filters are problematic though, because the
additional resistance, even when it's low, can significantly impact the
response.  Working with the Moog 904 trying to find a digital rather than
physical solution (because the physical many-gang switches are a size
problem for Euro), I found that just switching capacitor values required me
to use VN104 transistors as the switching element for the lower three
stages and a mechanical switch gang for the highest.  The voltages at the
highest were offset enough I couldn't get good pinch off in the FETs, so
that's why the mechanical switch for that level.

I also tested with DG408's and similar digital switches with low on
resistance, but they all seemed to have worse impact on the response than
the VN104's.

Pete