[sdiy] Dealing with velocity sensitivity / scaling on envelopes

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Thu Aug 31 20:34:44 CEST 2017

Think about how a string instrument would work: when you put you
finger/pick on the string to play the new soft note, it quickly dampens
the string to zero. You don't want to drop to zero instantly; that will
pop. Perhaps thinking in terms of muting: decay the signal to zero in
10-20mS, then start the attack on the next note.

--Timbo