[sdiy] Updated MIDI Spec for 3.3v

Jacob Watters jacobwatters at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 12:06:11 CEST 2017

I think I have used the 6N138 with 3.3V  :/

On Aug 11, 2017 4:48 PM, "Vladimir Pantelic" <vladoman at gmail.com> wrote:

On 11.08.2017 17:33, MTG wrote:

> I found out from the guy at MIDI Solutions since he's making some tweaks
> to his
> products.  There are also a few blog entries on the MIDI.org site about a
> new
> standard smaller connector, and a few comments about what people "out
> there"
> have been doing with 3.5mm stereo jacks.  Not sure that's the way they'll
> go but
> it would be nice if they picked a connector that's easily panel-ized,
> inexpensive, available and isn't already used for something else in our
> repertoire.

I needed a smaller connector *now*, so I am using the Arturia/Novation
"standard" 3,5mm solution with an isolated stereo jack (sadly it's taller
than the typical Eurorack 10mm/11mm panel to PCB height so I have to have a
cutout in the PCB at that place for now...)