[sdiy] HP from LP ? -> Mother-32

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Fri Aug 4 10:46:08 CEST 2017

On 4.Aug 2017, at 7:14 , Andrew Simper <andy at cytomic.com> wrote:

> PS: I don't know for sure that the Moog Ladder 500 series actually does do a resonant high pass, so it would be great for someone to confirm this, and also if the 12 / 24 dB selector works in HP mode.

hm .. virtually no official information about that: even in the manual it’s just
“For true HIGHPASS or LOWPASS, make sure the RESONANCE is at zero.”

https://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/files/Ladder_Manual.pdf
http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/moog-ladder

I don’t have a 904B at hand but just for fun I dared to try the Arturia Modular emulation.
Patching a feedback on the 904B there results in a very vocal type sound when sweeping the frequency.
The useable feedback range itself is very narrow, the VCFs frequency range seems odd too, even without feedback.
But since it’s software it could be virtually anything. ;)

--
http://mz.klingt.org