[sdiy] Synton Syrinx

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Fri Sep 2 22:16:23 CEST 2016

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Rick Jansen <rick.jansen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Didn't ARP put their VCF in resin to hide it was a copy of the Moog filter?
>

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 1:02 PM, rsdio at audiobanshee.com wrote:
>
> Hmm, if ARP hid their VCF circuit, then how did they ever get caught?
>
> I assume that they did not actually anticipate being sued. If they did anticipate the lawsuit and then went ahead with a copyright infringement thinking that hiding it would somehow work, then it sure seems like an epic fail. Probably a ton of urban legend around this story.

ARP hid most of their core circuitry in potted submodules for a while; VCO, VCO Waveforms, VCF, VCA, Ring Modulator, etc.

    http://www.arptech.synth.net/modmain.htm

It's possible to open the submodules up, but it's a lot of work.  ("I'm never doing that again...")

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California