[sdiy] Standards (Grousing)

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:12:31 CEST 2016

On 02.09.2016 01:33, Tim Ressel wrote:

> The issue for me is more about rail spacing and how it affects the working area
> of the PCBs behind the panel. On the 43mm tall tiles the back boards can be a
> large as 26mm high. But on the Intelijel modules its more like 22.5mm. 26.. was
> already tight, and 22.5mm is really tight (insert off-color joke here). Also
> existing modules are probably too tall so just changing the front panel will not
> work.

well, there is a *standard* for the rail and hole spacing which makes the
smaller Intelijel tiles correct from a 19"/Eurorack standard point of view.

a 3U panel is not 3 * 1.75" = 133.5mm high but only 128.5mm, a 1U tile that is
to fit between all rails has to be 128.5mm - 2U = 39.6mm high.

> Now I'm not saying what Intelijel did was wrong or bad in any way. This is

good or bad, it was correct :)