[sdiy] Interesting new synth...

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Nov 21 21:23:36 CET 2016

I can see two key differences: One is "DSP-based" rather than "real analog". That'll affect the final price markedly. The second perhaps makes even more difference - there's no expensive interface much on the Craftsynth. Panel hardware is a big cost.

But yeah..Modal have their work cut out if Behringer bring the DeepMind12 in for the price they say they will. The *$1K* poly might soon be a reality. Arguments about whether the two are comparable aside, many people can afford one and not the other, and that opens up your market.

Tom

PS: Ok, Santa, you know what I want…and I've been really good all year, I promise!