[sdiy] Anyone try the Cool Audio chips?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Thu Nov 10 05:45:10 CET 2016

People were sharing their experience with the Cool Audio BBDs having less supply voltage range and thus worse signal-to-noise performance. I know that Analog Devices and particularly THAT Corp are excellent quality, so I assume that the Cool Audio VCA might not be as good. No direct experience, though, other than fellow engineers noting that the Cool Audio chips are in the lowest-cost products these days.

Brian