[sdiy] Vintage IC "514" ?

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Tue May 31 11:42:37 CEST 2016

Hi, in some hand written docs from 1971 (part of a legacy) I found a circuit using a chip labelled “514 TEXAS INST”.
The application is an audio volume controller, the circuit itself is nothing special, I’d say.

The schematic looks familiar, but what’s that chip?
Below is a reproduction of this IC’s internal circuit,
from a pencil drawn reproduction of the datasheet diagram (I presume) also in this docs.

The components are not labelled, the terminals named like below and not numbered.

Anyone came across this “514” part back then?

Thanks, Michael.

--
http://mz.bluemole.com