[sdiy] [OT] oscilloscope fun

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:26:04 CEST 2016

On May 21, 2016, at 8:14 PM, henry birdseye <henry.birdseye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dorking around making Lissajouses today.
>
> https://vimeo.com/167580411

Here's a cool device that creates fascinating patterns on an oscilloscope:

http://www.astarcloseup.com

I buit one some time ago and it's fascinating to play with. It would be an interesting gadget to have at a synth meet or a gig without requiring the use of any of your modules. I recreated the original magazine article and saved it as a pdf so all the info is there, including the PCB layout (single sided).

It's a fairly simple circuit and would be inexpensive to build if you can make your own PCB. The only parts you may have finding are the 4136 and the FETs.

BTW, I'm still not exactly how the phase shift works on OSC C. If anyone can explain it to me I'll update the blog post and the pdf.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"