[sdiy] DIY patch matrix idea

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Sat May 21 20:12:54 CEST 2016

how about using an array of small switches (no idea what they're called)
like those here?
maybe with 2 sets of contacts, one of which is used to enable a led. But
perhaps it's also visible enough which are "on"  (because they are
lower) without led.

Mini Self Lock Push Switch 6pin - 7x7mm, Simple and small 7 x 7mm 6-pin
3PST switch for PCB mounting
http://shop.boxtec.ch/mini-self-lock-push-switch-6pin-7x7mm-p-42038.html

0.80 CHF pretty much equals 0.80 USD, if you buy 50 pcs, it's only 0.41
/ piece. For 8x8=64 that'd be < 27 USD
Sounds bearable.

Steve