[sdiy] MPLAB PM3

Veronica Merryfield veronica at merryfield.ca
Fri May 6 01:57:24 CEST 2016

I use a ICD3 and the free tools on my mac. They claim the compiled C code would be smaller and faster with the paid version but with care one write some very efficient C. Of course if you write in ASM, you’re good.

That said, I have noticed that the tools leave a lot of unprogrammed space in flash that I have not been able to fix… yet! But then I haven’t been pushed to the limit to force it either.