[sdiy] What is DIY?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Wed May 4 23:35:16 CEST 2016

Back when I was in high school, etching my own double-sided PCBs, my layout design goal was always to optimize for the limitations. I made sure that every Plated Through Hole that I might need was moved to a resistor leg, capacitor leg, or some other through-hole computer (except chips, where the socket covers the pin), so that I could solder both sides of the board together. Ever since then, I've scoffed at jumpers, although I suppose you can't avoid them on single-sided boards. You'd be surprised how easy it is to move things around on a given node until you have an easy final solution.

Brian