[sdiy] From a commercial standpoint -- has Eurorack "won"?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 23:06:52 CEST 2016

David wrote:
> I guess, by "easier" I meant that it was easier for me to just do it right
> to begin with, so if I wanted to make it VCQ later, it was already done, and
> instead of audio going through a panel pot, it was just reference voltages.
> "Easier" wasn't the right word. "Better" would be the better word.

My 3-pole filter design came about from taking an SSM2164, dedicating
one gain cell to Q, leaving three gain cells.  I could have done a bog
standard 2-pole filter and have one gain cell left over for a VCA, but
that felt too easy.  The 3-pole state variable filter was the result.

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk