[sdiy] From a commercial standpoint -- has Eurorack "won"?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon May 2 20:19:42 CEST 2016

Agree. Price is a huge factor in Eurorack's success. By making everything smaller, it got cheaper and that lowered the bar to entry and increased the number of potential customers. The panel width thing is handy, but not crucial in my view.

Aside from the power connector, I don't really have any beef with Eurorack. Though why he didn't used shrouded headers and keyed ribbon plugs, I shall never understand. Again, perhaps cost - you can't get much cheaper than a basic 2x8 0.1" header.