[sdiy] Minimoog non-linear keyboard response

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Mon May 2 00:00:26 CEST 2016

A follow-up to this:

For starters, I’m on the old oscillator board.

The floating component mod for the key/envelope board has not been done on this unit.

It’s only oscillator 1. #2 and #3 seem to be tracking fine.

Furthermore, if I try tuning Osc 1 so the low and high F’s are in tune, not only are the notes in between them slightly out (especially in the 3rd octave), but the half an octave above the top F is out of tune as well.

I’ve put in a matched resistor set on the incoming CV lines, so that’s probably not it.

I’m seeing similar 20mV changes in octaves when measuring pin 6 of the summing 741’s on all three oscillators. Not identical, of course, but not wildly different on any one oscillator.