[sdiy] Waveform mixing - normalization?

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sun May 1 08:23:52 CEST 2016

I've never seen any normalization either.

Can't make up my mind about free oscillator levels & mixing, it seems like
the advantage is often lost. In a way I'd prefer normalization and a filter
overdrive control at a later stage.

To be honest I've never really missed waveform mixing in a
one-waveform-selection-synth either. It feels like a relic from the dawn of
synthesis, an additive timbre shaping method that is rarely very useful or
interesting compared to waveform modulation, audio-rate modulation and
subtractive shaping. Do you guys like and use waveform mixing?

/mr