[sdiy] OBXa cards uses either 15uf -or- 22uf caps ?!

Gil W. gil_we at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 14:57:10 CEST 2016

Well, the idea is to recap the entire instrument, PS and programmer board already done. I guess I'll swap one for one... 15 for 15 and 22 for 22.

 Subject: Re: [sdiy] OBXa cards uses either 15uf -or- 22uf caps ?!
 To: synth-diy at dropmix.xs4all.nl
 Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 2:11 PM

 On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at
 10:57:04AM +0000, Gil W. wrote:
 see,

 > So basically
 the 22uf cards should have a little bit more of low end ?

 22μF is
 a "normal" size and 15μF is a "funny"
 size.  Although the E6 series goes 10, 15, 22, 33, 47, 68
 it seems that multiples of 10, 22 and 47 are way way more
 common than the others.

 doubt you'd ever hear a difference in a practical
 circuit.

 > I see 6 of
 them are 22uf while only 2 are 15uf. Should I just recap the
 15uf to an "all 22uf" to match the other 6 ?

 If it works, leave it
 alone.

 > Or could it be
 that the rest components on the 15uf cards are different
 than the ones of the 22uf ?

 > I want to go for a full recap, they all
 look very old...

 If it