[sdiy] Analysing 4-stage RC filters without the hot air

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:07:47 CET 2016

Hi all,

Some of you may remember a thread a little while back about a 4-stage
passive RC filter (I think it was Tom who asked the original
question), and ABCD matrices came up in the conversation.  I've
written up a page on the theory behind them and how they can be used
to analyse and design passive circuits:

http://www.milton.arachsys.com/nj71/index.php?menu=2&submenu=2&subsubmenu=14

As a worked example I used a 4-stage RC filter from Electronotes where
I show that actually it's not that difficult at all to analyse the
unbuffered 4-stage RC filter contrary to Bernie's protestations.

Comments welcome!

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk