[sdiy] Delayed LFO fade-in time

Kenji Garland kenjigarland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 23:27:13 CET 2016

Just to chime in, I think there's really no set rule or "right" way to do
it, nor should there be. The Ensoniq ESQ-1, one of my favorite polysynths,
lets you route a (delayed) LFO to modulate anything you want, and
apparently unlike the Juno, it even has separate LFOs per voice – meaning
that not only can they be delayed separately, but the separate LFOs can be
in or out of phase with one another or even slightly detuned from one
another.

Since you say "programming," I'm guessing you're working in software, where
of course you'll need to limit the choices available to the user to some
extent, but I'd be wary of limiting things too much where you don't have to.

Kenji