[sdiy] Negative rail metering question

Phillip Harbison alvitar at xavax.com
Sun Mar 13 00:42:40 CET 2016

Sean Ellis wrote:
> I'd like to make up a simple dual voltage/amperage meter for the
> -12/+12V rails in my system. I was wondering if I could use one of these
> cheap digital panel meters wired in reverse for the negative rail:
>
> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-LED-0-33-00V-DC-0-999-9mA-3A-Digital-Current-Ampere-Voltmeter-Panel-Meter-/331310608430?hash=item4d23a6b02e:g:BGsAAOSwnDxUfCag
> (Ebay 331310608430)

I bought a couple of these to monitor my +/- 15V power rails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371165821537

They look similar but were about half the price. They only go
down to 4.5V which might be important if you ever expect to use
them for systems with 3.3V which is becoming more common these
days. I'll let you know how they work when I assemble my power
supply.

--
Phil Harbison