[sdiy] Variable power supply

Ingo Debus igg.debus at t-online.de
Mon Mar 7 17:32:08 CET 2016

> Am 07.03.2016 um 11:07 schrieb Roman Sowa <modular at go2.pl>:
>
> My first power supply was made even without PCB, just by soldering components together, put inside old radio case.

Heh, my first „laboratory power supply“ did have a PCB inside. It was this one:
<http://www.rainers-elektronikpage.de/RADIO-RIM-Baumappen/Baumappe_Netzteil_RN15.pdf>

No current limit, so I was replacing the fuse all the time back then. I still have it.

> What I'm saying, you can go with 10EUR DIY supply at first and make a lot of great work with it,

If I was to spend 10 Euros for an universal power supply, I’d get a variable output voltage switch mode wall wart. You can’t build something like that for that price.

Ingo