[sdiy] Variable power supply

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Mon Mar 7 11:07:29 CET 2016

My first power supply was made even without PCB, just by soldering
components together, put inside old radio case. It was good enough to
design and build DIY polysynth...

Later I made uP-controlled dual supply for university project, that one
works still very good after 20 years and doesn't even need recalibration.

Couple of years ago I bought Tek supply (PWS4000 series), only because I
needed 0.1mA readout resolution, and I dream about Rohde&Shwarz tripple
supply for $1k that according to specs does all I need from little
benchtop supply.

What I'm saying, you can go with 10EUR DIY supply at first and make a
lot of great work with it, then replace with something more fancy when
you feel Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Try thi - in Polish only, but I bet you can find something similar in
any electronic DIY store:
https://sklep.avt.pl/avt1572.html

Some folks are very happy with Rigol supplies, they really look good in
the spect, and cost a lot less than anything that range.

Roman