[sdiy] Variable power supply

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Mon Mar 7 09:49:46 CET 2016

Hiya,

After much cogitating I bought and subsequently returned one of the
Tenma triple rail supplies - all sorts of power on transient nastiness :(

I then narrowed my search down to a new DP832A or second hand HP/Agilent
E3631A - basically the same price.

I ended up going for the HP after reading various posts and concluding
that while it would be used, the E3631A seemed to have the better
overall reputation.

Not to say the DP832A is a bad choice by any stretch and it does have
the advantage of all three rails output voltage and current being
continually visible.

Happy Hacking,
Hugh