[sdiy] Variable power supply

Phillip Harbison alvitar at xavax.com
Sat Mar 5 20:45:54 CET 2016

Joel B wrote:
> What would folks here recommend for a relatively inexpensive
> variable dc power supply for the synth electronics experimenter?

Do you really need it to be variable? I would think +/-15VDC or
+/-12VDC would be sufficient 95% of the time. I bought a power
transformer from Digikey, an IEC power inlet with switch and
fuse, a Bud box, and this +/-15VDC regulator board on Amazon.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XBGKN3Y

If you need it to be adjustable a pair of these might do.

http://www.amazon.com/DROK-Converter-Step-down-Transformer-Stabilizer/dp/B00JUFJ1GA/ref=pd_sim_23_5

...or these which have built-in LED displays.

www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Regulator-1-25-37V-Converter-Voltmeter/dp/B00OZGVL4O/ref=pd_sim_263_4

IEC power inlet module
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4MFMXE

Power Transformer