[sdiy] Variable power supply

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 10:52:11 CET 2016

Hi,

Joel B wrote:
> What would folks here recommend for a relatively inexpensive variable dc power supply for the synth electronics experimenter?

You'll most likely need a dual power supply for powering op-amp circuits.

I still reckon that the best power supply for this kind of work is the
Hewlett Packard HP 6236B.

Paul Schreiber wrote:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/5A-30V-DC-Power-Supply-Adjustable-Dual-Digital-Varia
> ble-Precision-Lab-Grade-/262294040786?hash=item3d11f170d2:g:pK0AAOSwWTRWw8Eh

That looks like a single output PSU, which might be ok for making
stomp-boxes but not really suitable for dual-rail op-amp circuits.

If you're in the UK then this little box is useful for op-amp circuits:
http://www.rapidonline.com/electrical-power/rapid-dual-rail-100ma-dual-rail-100ma-power-supply-85-1720

Cheers,
Neil
--