[sdiy] Audio circuits and basic electronics knowledge recommendation.

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Thu Mar 3 11:32:50 CET 2016

On 3 March 2016 at 21:17, Gordonjcp <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:

> Laser cutters aren't great at making PCBs

Yeah I use the laser cutter for custom synth cases and many other things.
No PCBs. One of my recent projects is a personalised backgammon set for a
friend, in bamboo, and with thin viscose felt backing on both the board and
the playing pieces. The felt can be lasercut as well, of course.

But the same applies for both hobbyist PCB manufacture and laser-cutting
projects, of course. You upload your design mistakes and it reproduces them
reliably and quickly with minimal effort, then you fix some bugs and do it
again. And you keep doing this because you get complacent and don't quite
check each revision rigorously enough.

John