[sdiy] Nord Modular DIY

Thomas Strathmann thomas at pdp7.org
Wed Mar 2 23:10:54 CET 2016

On 02.03.16 18:10 , Tim Ressel wrote:
> The thing about keyboards is this: For one, raw keyboards are hard to
> find, and two, there are so many midi controllers out there for cheap.
> I'd be inclined to let the user pick his keyboard and just plug it in.

For me part of the beauty of the Nord Modulars (I own both a G1 and a
G2) is that there was a keyboard version. It's really a self-contained
instrument in a way that a piece of software running on a desktop
computer or a 19" rack module are not. To me a good keyboard is about as
important as lots of physical controls for controlling the synthesis
parameters. I suspect that I might be part of a minority as I often see
pictures of electronic music studios and wonder where the keys are. ;-)

	Thomas