[sdiy] Nord Modular DIY

Johannes Taelman johannes.taelman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:50:20 CET 2016

The Nord modular and G2 used Motorola/Freescale 56K dsp(s), not SHARC.
The SHARC requires an expensive compiler.

Typical optimized DSP chip code is very unportable (while keeping some
performance) to any different chip architecture. And generic code will not
perform very well on a DSP chip.
But after the (substantial) effort, DSP chips are indeed very powerful and
efficient.

I totally agree with the wifi integration concerns...

johannes
(Axoloti author)