[sdiy] Nord Modular DIY

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Wed Mar 2 18:10:17 CET 2016

Right on!

I've been looking at the Axoloti. It is mostly there as-is. Kinda takes
the wind out of the sails.

I'm into doing a platform. Perhaps use Axoloti as a starting place and
morph it to our needs. I like the Wifi thing. It enables iPad and OSC
control ..  heh heh.

Also there is the polyphony possibility.  I know there is probably
enough power in one proc to do multiple voices, but as the patch grows
the bandwidth shrinks. It would be a small thing to have multiple procs,
one for each voice.

The thing about keyboards is this: For one, raw keyboards are hard to
find, and two, there are so many midi controllers out there for cheap.
I'd be inclined to let the user pick his keyboard and just plug it in.

--tr