[sdiy] Audio circuits and basic electronics knowledge recommendation.

Sarah Thompson plodger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:30:48 CET 2016

One of the most useful things about adding LTSPICE or some other simulator
to learning electronics is it lets you try lots of things really quickly.
Most of them actually will work just fine in physical hardware, but the
exceptions are a really important learning experience in and of themselves
-- I've seen that light go on in the eyes of younger engineers that I've
mentored. There tends to be a culture these days that has it that circuit
design is everything and PCB layout is a (relatively) menial task. That
attitude doesn't last long when you can't get a 10MHz clock from one side
of a board to the other because you tried to send it across a break in the
ground plane. At audio frequencies we can get away with all manner of
murder, which is why everyone should try RF at least once! :-)

Sarah

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 6:41 AM, BrightBoy <jdec at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Don't forget the classic tome, "Musical Applications of Microprocessors"
> by Hal Chamberlin.
>
> Contents can be seen here:
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~jdec/book/MAM.jpg
>
> It's a perfect blend of analog, digital and analog/digital hybrid synth
> design.
>
> I have the last remaining supply of the hardcover 2nd edition. All copies
> are new-old-stock (new, mint and un-read) straight from the Sam's/Hayden
> shipping boxes.
>
> Price is $52 USD shipped in the USA and $71 USD shipped to most worldwide
> destinations.
>
> Email me PRIVATELY if anyone is interested in picking up this holy grail
> reference book.
>
> Jeff

[s]