[sdiy] Job offer in Munich, Germany: research engineer in AV technology

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Mon Jul 11 10:06:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

found this on xing.com and I think it might be an interesting offer:
The english text is translated by me from the original german text from
https://www.irt.de/fileadmin/media/downloads/Studium_Beruf/Stellenangebote/Annonce_11-2016_AV_Ingenieur_mw.pdf.
I am not sure how much german language skills are required. I don't have
personal contact to the IRT (Institut f. Rundfunk Technik).

--------------------snip-----------------
The Institute for Broadcasting Technology is the central research and
development center of public service broadcasters in Germany, Austria
and Switzerland.
We work for the radio and on behalf of the industry. The IRT operates in
an international environment and is significantly involved in the
development of innovative and practical solutions in the context of
digital media.

We are looking foran

Engineer (m / w) in the field AV technologies

Your tasks:

Participation in national and international research projects, in
particular "Orpheus" (http://orpheus-audio.eu/)
Participation in software development for the next generation of
production tools and rendering techniques in the audio range
Developing solutions in audio technical issues
Representation of the IRT in national and international bodies
Representation of the IRT at fairs and seminars

Your profile:

completed university or technical education (Telecommunications, media
technology, computer science or equivalent degree)
very good knowledge and practical experience in C / C ++ - programming
very good knowledge and practical experience in the (audio) signal
processing
Experience in (audio) signal processing for real-time applications
Knowledge and practical experience in (audio) signal processing with Python
Experience in the planning and implementation of software projects
Experience in the implementation of audio applications for different -
also mobile - platforms (Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, Android) is advantageous
Knowledge of audio production and studio technology is advantageous
Good communication and team skills
good English language skills in speaking and writing
Endurance, flexibility and willingness to occasional missions

Your perspective:

They work in an interdisciplinary and team (possibly with international
participation), in professional, modern and pleasant atmosphere with
flat hierarchies and rapid decision-making in an economically stable
environment. Systematic and intensive training is of course with us as
well as individual training. Trips abroad and their good English skills
to strengthen their international.

Offers for reconciling work and family, to suitable remuneration and
good benefits complete our offer to you.

Have we piqued your interest? Then please send your (email) application
stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to
Mrs. Gisela quickly under number: STA-No. 11/2016.

Institute for Broadcasting Technology GmbH
Floriansmühlstraße 60
D-80939 München
Phone: 089/323 99-1
www.irt.de