[sdiy] Waveform mixing - normalization?

neil harper metadata at gmx.com
Tue Apr 26 02:38:01 CEST 2016

Hey everyone,

I have a question about synths that allow various waveforms to be mixed
together (like the minibrute), instead of a single waveform being chosen
(like the minimoog) for each oscillator.

Do any implement any normalization/compression to keep the resultant
waveform at a consistent level?

I checked the minibrute schematic and do not see this, it just goes into
a simple op-amp mixer.

Do any synths implement normalization/compression, or is the purpose to
allow the user to overload the subsequent stages by maxing out all the
waveforms in the mixer?

--
//neil harper
every wave is new until it breaks