[sdiy] New SID Chips?

Rainer Buchty rainer at buchty.net
Sun Apr 24 23:02:46 CEST 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, MTG wrote:

> Maybe this is old news, I don't know. Someone has an Indiegogo
> campaign to remake the Commodore 64 (or emulate it I guess, but in the
> same form factor). They list multiple SID chips in the list of
> features.  I'm not a huge SID fan myself, but I wonder how they plan
> to make it?

They just enable multiple SID chips in the software emulation. That
platform is essentially something like a Raspberry Pi running VICE. Been
discussed all over the C64 boards (or on The64computer's Facebook
page).

It will be interesting enough how they implement the physical Cartridge
slot properly. I don't expect that any cartridge that takes over the
machine externally, attaching an own processor to access C64 memory and
peripherals will ever work ...

Likewise, the blurb about "we, the creators of C64DTV" is completely
misleading. Whoever that "we" is, it was neither Jeri nor any of the
software developers / game fixers.

Besides: The DTV did not implement the SID filters.

Rainer