[sdiy] switching without popping

microtonal microtonalsynthesis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 02:46:57 CEST 2016

A few ideas to eliminate analog switch popping:

1. Add a mute circuit to your output and activate it during the transition.
2. Detect zero crossings and switch from A to B only at zero, with zero volts in between.
3. Use A-B as input to a comparator for the switching, this is zero where the two signals are equal. Latch the user or input switch control and wait for the next zero crossing to switch. Requires some fast circuits and small hysteresis bands.