[sdiy] New SID Chips?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Fri Apr 22 21:27:41 CEST 2016

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do the whole thing in an FPGA. The SID is a mixed-signal design, with filters and envelopes in the analog domain. There are new chips that combine analog design elements, but AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) is hardly common for FPGA. Another term is FPAA (Field Programmable Analog Array), but the SID requires both digital and analog.

Brian