[sdiy] US help with Electronic Goldmine order

eidorian at aladan.net eidorian at aladan.net
Thu Apr 21 02:40:30 CEST 2016

Import duties into Australia currently only apply to purchases over
AUD$1000 in declared value - so it might well apply to computer and
music gear, but not small value electronic parts like this.  There
was some discussion of that changing a little while ago, but nothing
has happened yet.

There are no special import forms to fill out, but I expect the sender
would need to fill out the usual US postal/export paperwork (whatever
that might be) to post to me.

A kindly soul from the US has already replied to me direct and I'm
talking with them now - I'll be in touch if it doesn't work out.

Thanks everyone,
A.