[sdiy] switching without popping

mark verbos mverbos at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 23:54:42 CEST 2016

Tim,

I use DG409 switches for PWM in my Multi-envelope. I actually PWM using the enable pins on two chips, but that’s another story. I’m not switching audio, but my oscillator is at 30kHz. I have the outputs through a sallen-key lopass at 10kHz cutoff or something. Without a lopass filter you will surely get aliasing, but if you clock it high enough you might be able to get away with very chintzy ones (like just a small cap in the feedback loop of the following opamp). They make very reliable crossfaders, BTW.

Mark