[sdiy] Arp Omni strange filter behavior

Travis Thatcher recompas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:06:36 CEST 2016

Thanks for all the help everyone - I finally got to the bottom of this
issue this weekend. After checking and re-checking a lot of the
components and trimmers that interact with the cv signal going into
pin 4 I once again desoldered the module to test the cv response.
While it initially seemed like it was acting as I expected I did
notice that when testing it further it wasn't all that reliable. I
finally desoldered the cutoff slider to test it in an isolated
environment and it turns out that it actually was the issue. I feel
stupid for not being more thorough in the first place but as it turns
that the env amount to the filter, the cutoff, res and external
control sliders all had the same physical issue of really only working
in the last 10% of their travel and otherwise showing a resistance in
the mega ohms. Luckily I had some spare sliders and the Omni is now
humming along nicely. I tried to take apart and clean the original
sliders but it seems the carbon is toast.

Again, I appreciate the help from the list!