[sdiy] Silvered mica caps in VCO core integrators

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 15 04:42:01 CEST 2016

I couldn't find any references to the dielectric soakage of mica caps.
However, mylar (polyester) caps seem to have lower soakage than C0G caps
(0.2-0.5% vs 0.6%), according to a table in the Wikipedia page on dielectric
soakage.  Polypropylene and polyphenylene sulfide caps had the best numbers
(0.05-0.1%), way better than C0G caps. I'm looking for info on silvered mica
caps now.