[sdiy] [OT] faulty distortion pedal

jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl
Sun Apr 10 19:42:21 CEST 2016

Try a battery? Maybe make a short cable with batteryclip and psu connector?Most distortion pedals take 9v.
------ Origineel bericht------Van: Michael ZacherlDatum: zo, 10 apr. 2016 18:51Naar: synth-diy diy;CC: Onderwerp:[sdiy] [OT] faulty distortion pedal
Hi, just had soundcheck for the gig tonight.The viola player used a small (probably cheap-ish) distortion pedal, which ran off a wall-wart. [1]There was an audible pulse, a dull click, in the signal from the pedal. Much like from a metronome. In fact, before seeing the thing we all told her to switch it off. ;\I could see the indicator in the knob going darker with the pulse which led me to the thought it might be the PSU.The sound was what one not knowing the pedal would expect but she claimed it sounded wrong.I think I came across that phenomenon ages ago but alas I can’t remember what it was.I can’t say for sure, but I think the PSU was a switched type. I didn’t touch it but it looked rather small.I ‘just curious’ what could cause this.Any thoughts?Thanks - Michael.[1] much like these http://www.thomann.de/gb/movall.html--http://mz.klingt.org_______________________________________________Synth-diy mailing listSynth-diy at synth-diy.orghttp://dropmix.xs4all.nl/mailman/listinfo/synth-diy